Office Status Update Regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19
The situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is rapidly evolving and the number of cases in Michigan is growing rapidly. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer declared a state of emergency on March 11, and subsequently has taken many steps to limit the transmission of the disease. In addition, there is concern that the shortage of personal protective equipment will negatively impact the ability to care for acutely ill patients in the hospital setting.
If you were scheduled during this time, you have likely been contacted regarding rescheduling. If you have any concerns please call our office.
A Message Regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19
At Posthumus Family Dentistry, your health and the health of our staff are of the utmost importance. To ensure your health and the health of our staff, we do follow usual universal precautions in our operatories and office. Additionally, we are following and keeping up to date with the specific recommendations of the WHO (World Health Organization), CDC (Centers for Disease Control), and ADA (American Dental Association) during a time when available information is constantly being updated.
For the protection of all our patients and staff due to the recent outbreak of coronavirus, we are requesting the following:
- If you have an illness or are exhibiting symptoms, we recommend you cancel and reschedule your dental appointment. Some illness and symptoms include:
○ cold or the flu
○ fever or nausea
○ severe headaches or body aches
○ muscle or stomach pain, chest pain or difficulty breathing
○ vomiting or diarrhea
○ active tuberculosis (TB)
○ mumps, measles, chickenpox
○ other contagious disease
- Please notify our staff before your appointment if you or someone you are in close contact with have recently traveled to one of the countries with large outbreaks of COVID-19 (ex. China, Italy, Iran, South Korea) or if you have been exposed to someone else who was diagnosed with COVID-19 or who was quarantined as a precaution.
In accordance with the CDC recommendation to use “social distancing” we have enacted the following precautions in order to minimize possible contact with other patients:
- We ask that you arrive on time for your appointment, rather than too early
- We have removed magazines, reading materials, toys, and other objects that may be touched by others or can not be easily disinfected from our waiting room
- When entering the building please approach the reception front desk and check-in, which will allow us to seat you promptly
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us immediately. The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int
Centers for Disease Control (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov
Our team will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information when warranted. Thank you for your patronage.
David Posthumus, DDS